Category Archives: Medical Records

Oakland County Begins Arrests At Dispensaries

Four people were arrested today after Oak Park police surrounded the Oak Park headquarters of a medical marijuana facility.

Big Daddy’s operates a chain of stores that sell indoor marijuana-cultivation equipment and a busy Web sales business.

We will keep you updated as we hear more information

If you have been charged with a crime related to medical marijuana contact Daniel Ambrose at

For information on Michigan’s marijuana laws or your marijuana defense needs visit our website


Leave a comment

Filed under Medical Records, Uncategorized

MI Medical Marijuana Doctor Behind Bars

Saginaw-based Dr. Ruth A. Buck will remain behind bars, U.S. District Judge Thomas L. Ludington ruled in U.S. District Court in Bay City mid-April.The court revoked Buck’s bond after the U.S. Attorney’s Office filed a criminal complaint alleging that Buck aided and abetted the distribution of marijuanain violation of federal law by providing medical marijuana recommendations to patients from her office, Mid-Michigan Medical Marijuana Clinic, 2137 Warwick in Saginaw.

Buck was charged separately with 32 counts of unlawfully distributing controlled substances in June of 2010 and faces up to 20 years in prison.  Those charges stem from allegations that, between January 2006 and July 2009, Buck prescribed more than 1.5 million doses of painkillers and other controlled medications, such as Vicodin, OxyContin, Xanax, morphine, methadone and Dilaudid from her former office in Thomas Township, authorities have said.

Buck had been released on bond and opened a medical marijuana recommendation clinic in Saginaw. Prosecutors alleged, based on documents they seized during a March 17 raid, that she charged between $150 and $200 for recommendations and renewals. She likely earned between $200,000 and $400,000, based on the number of patient files, U.S. Attorney Shane Waller told the court.  He said she never reported the income to the court, which he said was a requirement stipulated in her bond.

The complaint says Buck issued 1,870 medical marijuana recommendations up until Drug Enforcement Administration agents raided her home, office and the office of a co-worker on March 17.  An undercover DEA agent acquired a recommendation from Buck after presenting a “fictitious” license and stating that he suffered headaches whenever he stopped smoking marijuana, the complaint said.  Being that the medical marijuana operation is unrelated to prescription pills, one may question the DEA’s motive to target the clinic.

Find more info on this story here 

To know what your doctor can and cannot do for you relating to medical marijuna :

If you have questions about medical marijuana contact Samantha Moffett at (248) 624-5500

Ambrose Law Group 

Leave a comment

Filed under Medical Records

How To File A Complaint – Health Information Privacy Rights

If you believe that a covered entity violated your (or someone else’s) health information privacy rights or committed another violation of the Privacy or Security Rule, you may file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights (OCR). OCR can investigate complaints against covered entities.

A covered entity is a health plan, health care clearinghouse, and any health care provider that conducts certain health care transactions electronically. For more information, please review Understanding Health Information Privacy section or look at Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).


1.  Be filed in writing, either on paper or electronically, by mail, fax, or e-mail;

2.  Name the covered entity involved and describe the acts or omissions you believe violated the requirements of the Privacy or Security Rule; and

3.  Be filed within 180 days of when you knew that the act or omission complained of occurred. OCR may extend the 180-day period if you can show “good cause.”

ANYONE CAN FILE! – Anyone can file a complaint alleging a violation of the Privacy or Security Rule. We recommend that you use the OCR Health Information Privacy Complaint Form Package. You can also request a copy of this form from an OCR regional office.

If you need help filing a complaint or have any questions about the complaint or consent forms, please contact Samantha Moffett at (248) 624 5500 or

Leave a comment

Filed under Medical Records