Can My DUI Be Expunged?

Unfortunately, a drunk-driving conviction can never be expunged from one’s record.

According to MCL 780.621, a person may apply to have a conviction set aside for any crime except the following:

A conviction of a felony or an attempted felony punishable by life imprisonment
A conviction for a violation or attempted violation of criminal sexual conduct MCL 750.520c (criminal sexual conduct in the second degree), MCL 750.520d (criminal sexual conduct in the third degree), or MCL 750.520g (assault with intent to commit criminal sexual conduct)
A traffic offense

An OWI/DUI conviction is considered a traffic offense and therefore, cannot be expunged or set aside.

If you have questions about a drunk-driving charge contact Aida at (248) 624-5500


Leave a comment

Filed under Aida Spahic, Drunk Driving/OWI/DUI/OWVI/DWI, Expungements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s