The Michigan Department of Community Health cannot issue a registry identification card to a qualifying patient who is under the age of 18 unless:
(1) The qualifying patient’s physician has explained the potential risks and benefits of the medical use of marihuana to the qualifying patient and to his or her parent or legal guardian;
(2) The qualifying patient’s parent or legal guardian submits a written certification from 2 physicians; and
(3) The qualifying patient’s parent or legal guardian consents in writing to:
- Allow the qualifying patient’s medical use of marihuana;
- Serve as the qualifying patient’s primary caregiver; and
- Control the acquisition of the marihuana, the dosage, and the frequency of the medical use of marihuana by the qualifying patient.
If you have been charged with a marijuana offense or need information on becoming medical marijuana patient or caregiver contact:
Samantha@ambroselawgroup.com or call (248) 624-5500.